Connect with us

News

End SARS: Osinbajo apologizes to Nigerians, admits govt’s fault

Published

on

Nigeria’s Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has apologized to Nigerians and also admitted and faulted the Federal Government for not moving faster in addressing the demands of Nigerians calling for a total ban of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS unit of the police.

Osinbajo, in a series of tweets on Friday night, said he knows many Nigerians are angry, and that their anger was justified.

He said he understands the feeling of many young people in the country, noting that many feel that the government has been too silent and has simply not done enough, adding that the feelings of frustration are justified.

Osinbajo noted that far too many people have been brutalized by the police, saying that this is unacceptable.

The VP said that it was the responsibility of the government to protect young people, even from those who are paid to protect them.

The Vice President noted that the nationwide protests goes beyond agitations about SARS, adding that the government has undertaken comprehensive measures that will revamp the police by addressing issues of welfare, service conditions, and training.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Tinubu’s Son Jets Out To London With Family As Angry Nigerians Destroy Father’s Known Investments

Published

on

Seyi, son of a former Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on Thursday morning at about 1:53am flew out to London, United Kingdom, in a private jet with members of his family and a few others, SaharaReporters has exclusively learnt.

The emergency trip follows the growing resentment in Lagos against his father, who has seen some of his known investments in Lagos and Abuja targeted and burnt by angry Nigerians over his perceived involvement in the deployment of soldiers, who killed peaceful protesters in the Lekki Toll Gate area of Lagos on Tuesday night.

Over 10 peaceful protesters were killed by soldiers in Tuesday’s massacre while demanding an end to police brutality and state repression.

An overwhelming majority of Lagos residents have accused the All Progressives Congress’ National Leader of being behind the incident — a claim he has denied.

In retaliation for the killing of peaceful protesters, angry citizens on Wednesday morning burnt down Television Continental and The Nation Newspaper — both media establishments with headquarters in Lagos believed to be owned by Tinubu.

Earlier on Tuesday night, angry Nigerians had burnt the toll plaza of the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge, another money spinner said to be controlled by the former Lagos governor.

Continue Reading

Trending