Connect with us

News

Roger Federer: ‘It’s hard when we’re all at home

Published

on

Federer has again given interviews to various media after publicizing his line of sneakers ‘The Roger’

Roger Federer has given new interviews to various media after advertising his shoe line called ‘The Roger’ The Swiss phenomenon, which only disputed the Australian Open this year and the beneficial performance with Rafael Nadal in Cape Town, underwent a double surgery on his right knee to resolve an injury that had plagued him for some time.

As already happened in 2016, the former World number 1 decided to take all the time necessary to return to 100% of the shape at the beginning of 2021. The hope is to replicate the company of 2017, when he won the Australian Open and Wimbledon expressing a tennis on the edge of perfection.

In the latest edition of the podcast ‘The business of fashion’, the 20-time Grand Slam champion reiterated that he is not thinking about retiring yet.

Federer on his retirement
“I already feel like I’ve been on that farewell circuit since I won Roland Garros in 2009, then I won Wimbledon in an epic final against Roddick and my daughters were just born.

I thought, it’s over, after this summer, I quit. But then I I realized that I was only 28 years old and that I still had a lot to do. I still enjoyed playing tennis but the truth is that if at that time they had told me that at 38 or 39 I would still continue playing tennis, that in 2016 they would have operated on me of the knee and that in 2019 two more on the other knee, would have answered: ‘Are you crazy?’” – Roger Federer said.

The truth is that, as long as I don’t have serious risks to my health, my four children and my wife continue to be happy and support me in the pursuit of this dream, if I manage to manage all that and continue to compete against the best and fight for the great tournaments, honestly, I’ll keep playing.

I don’t care about traveling. It’s part of my life, I love it. I’ve been traveling the world for over 20 years, without stopping. It’s hard, I’m telling you, when we’re all at home I we had a great time but when we travel too” – he added.

The 38-year-old had already announced he will not play again until next year. This week was scheduled to be the second week of Wimbledon, where Federer has won a record eight men’s singles titles, but the tournament was cancelled for the first time since World War II due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“Personally, it has been very pleasant to stay in the same place for a long time, I hadn’t experienced that for more than 25 years,” Federer said at the launch of the “Roger Center Court” running shoes created by Swiss brand On.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Tinubu’s Son Jets Out To London With Family As Angry Nigerians Destroy Father’s Known Investments

Published

on

Seyi, son of a former Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on Thursday morning at about 1:53am flew out to London, United Kingdom, in a private jet with members of his family and a few others, SaharaReporters has exclusively learnt.

The emergency trip follows the growing resentment in Lagos against his father, who has seen some of his known investments in Lagos and Abuja targeted and burnt by angry Nigerians over his perceived involvement in the deployment of soldiers, who killed peaceful protesters in the Lekki Toll Gate area of Lagos on Tuesday night.

Over 10 peaceful protesters were killed by soldiers in Tuesday’s massacre while demanding an end to police brutality and state repression.

An overwhelming majority of Lagos residents have accused the All Progressives Congress’ National Leader of being behind the incident — a claim he has denied.

In retaliation for the killing of peaceful protesters, angry citizens on Wednesday morning burnt down Television Continental and The Nation Newspaper — both media establishments with headquarters in Lagos believed to be owned by Tinubu.

Earlier on Tuesday night, angry Nigerians had burnt the toll plaza of the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge, another money spinner said to be controlled by the former Lagos governor.

Continue Reading

Trending