Cristiano Ronaldo and co have been given the go ahead for Serie A to restart on June 20.
But Ronaldo’s Juventus side, AC Milan, Inter Milan and Napoli will all be back in action the previous weekend, after the Coppa Italia semi-finals were set for June 13 by the country’s Minister for Sport, Vincenzo Spadafora.
Serie A was suspended on March 9 as part of a nationwide lockdown to curb the coronavirus pandemic.
It is now set to resume following meetings on Thursday between the relevant stakeholders.
“It was a very useful meeting and, as we had said from the start, football was always going to resume when we had the conditions to ensure safety and the CTS gave the all-clear to the protocols,” said Spadafora.
“Italy is getting back on its feet and it is only right that football should do the same. The CTS agreed with the medical protocol, but confirmed the absolute necessity for a quarantine period if a player were to test positive.
“We also received guarantees the process of swabs for players must not affect or detract from the general population’s access to testing in any way.
“The FIGC also assured me that the Plan B (play-offs and play-outs) and Plan C (using the existing table) can be adopted in case of suspension. It is not up to me as Minister to decide, as that will be done by the FIGC.
“In the light of all those events, we can today say that the season can resume from June 20.”
The Government must grant permission for the Coppa Italia to be played however, with sporting events currently banned until June 14.
On the Coppa Italia, Spadafora added: “It would be a good sign because you could see three important matches in the clear on public television.”
Earlier this month the FIGC set a deadline of August 20 for the completion of the current season, and a September 1 start-date for the following campaign.