Connect with us

News

SmackDown announces new match for WWE Backlash

Published

on

As confirmed on the latest episode of SmackDown, another match is now added to the Backlash match card. At the upcoming WWE pay-per-view, veteran Jeff Hardy will square off against Sheamus in a Single’s Match.

 

Both Jeff Hardy and Sheamus have been feuding on SmackDown for several weeks, and their rivalry has become more and more personal with Sheamus bringing up some of the most unthinkable aspects of Jeff’s life. It is safe to assume that their encounter at Backlash will be more than just proving who is better inside the ring.

The feud between Jeff Hardy and Sheamus started ever before the one-half of Hardy Boyz returned to SmackDown. Before Jeff made his much-awaited comeback to the blue brand, SmackDown commentator Michael Cole would often refer to the long list of Incredible achievements of Jeff in his long history with WWE.

While most of the listeners enjoyed taking a trip down the memory lane, Cole’s words didn’t sit well Sheamus who was evidently irked with the amount of attention that SmackDown was paying to Jeff Hardy. As a result, the two were engaged in a brawl on the day Jeff Hardy made his SmackDown return.

Over the next few weeks, both Superstars continued to feud. Two weeks ago, however, things got a lot more serious on SmackDown after Jeff Hardy was arrested for a DUI case. He was later set free but was reportedly told by the police that they saw a man with ‘red hair and red beard’ come out of the car. It was a shocking decision, but the SmackDown creative decided to take a bold step in this storyline.

Hence, Jeff Hardy immediately knew who it was and decided to avenge the humiliation. Last week, he attacked Sheamus and on the following episode of SmackDown, he cut an emotional promo following which the two Superstars brawled once again.

As a result, WWE announced a match between Jeff Hardy and Sheamus that’s now scheduled to take place at the upcoming PPV, Backlash. It will be interesting to see the result of this match as it would provide for a significant boost in their position on the SmackDown roster.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Brigadier General Francis Omata has reacted to news making rounds accusing him of ordering the infamous #LekkiMassacre

Published

on

Brigadier General Francis Omata has reacted to news making rounds accusing him of ordering the infamous #LekkiMassacre which took place Tuesday evening at Lekki-VI toll gate.

Omata denied the allegations, stating that he was only on the scene to ‘pull back the soldiers’, he also named the officer responsible; one Lt Col S. 0. Bello of the 65 Battalion Bonny camp.

WITHIN NIGERIA reports that General F.O Omata was accused of giving the order to open fire on peaceful protests.

In his defence, the Brigadier General said:

“I didn’t command the soldiers nor was there when shots were fired. I rushed to the scene and arrived about 39 mins after and identified myself and pull back the soIdiers.

The soldiers were from there 65 Battalion Bonny camp led by their commanding officer, Lt Col 8. O. Bello.

My only mistake was that when I got to the scene I was screaming my name to alert the soldiers about my presence and people at the scene picked that up and ran with it”. It was not me.

Lekki-VI toll gate has been the location of the peaceful #EndSARS protest where Nigerian youths are clamouring for an end to SARS, a Nigerian police unit which specializes in Anti Robbery cases.

nigerianarmy #soldier #lekkimassacre #EndSARS #sars #bonnycamp #81division #Iekkitoiigate #withinnigeria #niqerians

Continue Reading

Trending